A 20-person boutique design firm in downtown Toronto is looking for a well-rounded office/business manager who understands how to run a small to mid-size firm. The successful candidate will contribute to the daily operations and assist the partners with management responsibilities.
The firm is a full service, dynamic design studio with over 16 years of experience in providing excellent client service. The partners are young, energetic and down to earth and are looking for someone whose personality matches theirs, yet can also challenge them with his or her own expertise and push them forward in their growth strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience in running a design firm (or architectural & design related businesses) and an entrepreneurial outlook.
The successful person's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Functions
- Responsible for breaking out projects, allocating hours, creating and tracking all project management activities, including working with project teams;
- Responsible for overseeing IT personnel and budgeting;
- Responsible for business development activities including assisting partners and staff with coordination of materials;
- Developing and preparing PowerPoint presentations;
- Responsible for answering the phones and redirecting calls; and
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and coordinating vendors.
- Accounting duties including data entry, financial reports, accounts payable, accounts receivable, government remittances and time and materials invoicing;
- Responsible for meeting with partners to understand the financials each month and coordinating year end with accountants; and
- Identifying areas of need along with change and implements those regarding financials and human resources functions.
Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources
- Recruiting, plan and general human resources responsibilities including setting up interviews, offer letters and continuing education coordination;
- Benefits and payroll administration; and
- Staff and client event planning;
Client liaison and support
- Administrative support, calendar and travel arrangements for partners;
- Office management, space planning, furniture and fixture processing, and facilities management;
- Financial management, fee determination and execution of fee proposals;
- Working with project managers on keeping projects in order;
- Review, RFP, EOI documents, proposal outlay and proposal execution for clients; and
- Idea development, business controls, advisor, organizational development and execution of strategic plan.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years in administration and assisting principles of a design firm; accounting and promo experience and have good business acumen. You will have experience with QuickBooks, Indesign and other related products, along with strong Microsoft Server, Outlook, Excel and Word. Microsoft Project skills would be nice, but is not essential.
Please apply in confidence via email with resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and salary expectations to email@example.com