Submission Deadline: June 16, 2012
Founded in 1990, The Red Head Gallery is one of Canada's most respected collectives, showcasing a broad range of contemporary visual art by emerging and mid-career artists. Membership gives individuals the opportunity to show their work in the 401 Richmond Gallery and participate in a vibrant artist community. Members are expected to participate on committees, gallery special projects and gallery administration.
If you are interested in applying, please send a package that includes:
- A Cover Letter outlining your interest in the collective.
- Artist Statement. (Indicate the media, technique, theme or context of your practice)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Maximum of 20 digital images (including detailed views) of your work on a CD.
- Images should be saved as jpegs, at 1024px by 768px at 72dpi. In the case of video or performance based works, please include a DVD or save files as a .mov.
- Please use the convention name01.jpg, name02.jpg, etc when saving your files.
- Corresponding list of images (or contact sheet), indicating title, year of execution, medium and dimensions (h x w x d or running time)
- Relevant Support Material (articles, reviews, catalogues, etc.)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope with proper return postage if you require the return of any material.
Note: Do not send original artwork. The current members will review submissions.
At this time, we are looking for GTA based members. Full members pay $166/month and get a solo show approximately every 18 months. Half-members pay $88/month and get a solo show approximately every 36 months.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER GALLERY RENTAL
That’s right! When you rent our gallery space for 2 weeks or more this summer, we’ll give you an additional week, for free!
What else do you get?
• Toronto location at 401 Richmond, steps away from many other galleries
• Amazing gallery space and features including:
• Approximately 675 square feet of exhibition space
• 13 foot ceiling and over 80 linear feet of display wall
• Illumination by adjustable halogen track lighting
• Marketing for your exhibition including:
• Page on our web site, space in our web archives and mention on our blog
• Social media posts to our followers (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• One eNewsletter sent to our subscriber list
• Internet access in our gallery and use of the gallery land-line (local calls only)
• Assistance coordinating additional press, liquor license, signage and concerns
• Gallery sitter not included, but can be arranged upon request and for additional fee
• Zero gallery commissions on works sold!
The gallery is available for rent from July 15th until September 2nd, 2012 and is sure to go quickly, so contact us today to reserve your space!
Contact Donia Almassi, Gallery Director at email@example.com or 416.504.5654 for more information and pricing.
Red Head Gallery reserves the right to decline work. A non-refundable deposit is required. Renter must adhere to rental agreement or additional charges will result. Marketing assistance conditional upon working with guidelines provided by the Gallery. Design not included, but the Red Head Gallery logo will be provided for use on all promotional materials. The Gallery does not pay artist fees, but can provide the renter with a letter of confirmation for use in grant applications.
The Red Head Gallery
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 115, Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.redheadgallery.org | 416.504.5654
Facebook, Twitter, linkedIn, Vimeo