PROGRAMME ASSISTANT, EDUCATION – CEP
Job Ref. #12F11-AKI
Number of Vacancies: 1
Situated on Toronto's waterfront, Harbourfront Centre is renowned as Canada's foremost facility for contemporary culture. Our year-round operation offers some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children's activities and craft shops.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated and reliable individual to join our Community & Educational Programmes team. Reporting to the Head of Education, this position is responsible to assist in overseeing the complete operations of various learning initiatives and education projects which include, but are not limited to: Learn to Skate, Courses & Workshops, Staging the World and Miss Lou's Programming.
- Assist in researching, and development of Courses and Workshops and LTS
- Under the supervision of the Head of Education support where needed the promotion of programmes by way of social media, photo collection, on-site promotions, and other strategies
- Assist in the hiring process of Learn to Skate staff, Courses & Workshops instructors, and Camps staff. This may include scheduling, interviews, and reference checks of candidates
- Assist in interdepartmentally on special projects and education opportunities across the organization in consultation with the Head of Education
- Assist Head of Education in the overseeing and development of the Miss Lou's room programme
- To train, supervise and evaluate staff members and volunteers in accordance to Harbourfront Centre programme policies and proceduresAssist in quality control of programming including collation of lesson plans, and evaluation
- Work with festival staff on the development of family activities
- Prepare and oversee aspects of programme administration. Such as scheduling, attendance lists, waiver forms, incident reports, budget tracking and , clean-up and supply ordering
- Strong computer skills
- High level of customer service experience
- Previous supervisory experience, strong interpersonal and communication skills to supervise diverse staff groups and to liaise with other departments and outside groups.
- Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate multiple activities and programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of programming and evaluating various learning styles and age groups is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification is and asset
- Skating proficiency is an asset
- Job requires Police Background check and Vulnerable Sector Screen conducted within the past 6 months.
- Work conditions are varied, ranging for working in a normal office environment and having to work in an outdoor setting.
DURATION: JULY 3, 2012 TO MARCH 31, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2012
Interested applicants should FORWARD resume QUOTING JOB REF #12F11 -AKI to:
Human Resources Department
235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
FAX: (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.