Project Coordinator, White Water Gallery
Number of vacancies: 1, Part-Time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2012
The White Water Gallery Artist-Run Centre in Downtown North Bay is devoted to contemporary art that prioritizes innovation and experimentation. Over the past 35 years, its reputation for presenting cutting edge exhibitions, catalogues and special events has continued to elevate the North and provide opportunities for Canadian Artists. White Water Gallery pursues its mission to advance the public's threshold for viewing contemporary art by encouraging outreach programming that promotes accessibility and shared knowledge and presenting artworks by practitioners of local, national, and international stature in all media.
Currently an employment opportunity exists at White Water Gallery for a part-time, 25 hours per week, Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary function of this position is to administer the offices and gallery space of the White Water Gallery by performing administrative and managerial duties to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the White Water Gallery. Wages will be negotiated at the time of hiring.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing administrative support for the Executive Director: answering phones, photocopying, faxing, coordinating meetings, maintaining appointment calendar, editing and typing correspondence and reports, handling mail and meeting as needed to deal with administrative priorities.
- On behalf of the organization, coordinating and meeting with local arts groups to establish collaborative projects/events, ensuring good team communication and facilitating team cohesion and development.
- Presenting a positive and proactive image of the organization to the public. Investigating and preparing project proposals for expansive activities for the White Water Gallery.
- Aiding the Executive Director in funding application preparation and the implementation of all projects.
- Greeting visitors and responding to questions of a routine nature; redirecting enquiries to appropriate staff, board, or committee members, as necessary.
- Preparing expense claims and cheque requisitions on a timely basis.
- Assisting with the management of administrative budgets.
- Monitoring and replenishing office supplies.
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems.
- Keeping office and gallery spaces maintained and presentable to the general public.
- Supporting the Executive Director in all repairs and maintenance duties.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College diploma or university degree in the arts or an arts-related field, such as Fine Arts, Art History, or Arts Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience working or volunteering within the arts sector.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to solve problems creatively and develop innovative project proposals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; French language skills are an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good working knowledge of corporate secretarial duties, accounting methods, office systems, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience writing and receiving funding applications from government agencies.
Please send your resume to:
White Water Gallery / Hiring Committee
143 Main St. W, P.O. Box 1491
North Bay, ON P1B 8K6