Position Title: Professor, Textiles Studio
Employ Group: Academic
Faculty: Animation, Arts & Design
Campus: May be assigned activities at any Sheridan Campus
Reference #: 12/F/39
Salary Range: $58,946 - $102,186 (based on relevant Educational qualifications and experience)
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment.
The Crafts and Design program requires a full-time Professor for the Textiles Studio. The professor, in addition to teaching courses in the Textiles Studio Program, will be the Studio Head and will have responsibilities for studio and program administration. As Studio Head, the professor will provide academic leadership and work collaboratively with colleagues.
Professors are responsible for:
• Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
• Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students' diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
• Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning;
• Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
• Master's degree in a related field preferred
• A minimum of five years related professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and a broad range of skill in textiles techniques, digital and design processes; formal study in education is an asset
• Understanding of the technical aspects of product and prototype design
• Extensive Canadian, Domestic, and International exhibition record
• Professional affiliations with craft societies/councils is an asset
• Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level is an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to working within a team environment
Please visit the following link: http://www.sheridaninstitute.ca/About%20Sheridan/Faculty%20and%20Staff/Human%20Resources/Job%20Opportunities.aspx
Click on the "Professor, Textiles Studio" Posting
Scroll to the bottom and click "apply for this job"
You will then be instructed to upload your application.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities