Art Spin, the hugely successful bicycle led art tours, is gearing up for its fourth season this summer. We're looking for submissions for art projects/performances of all disciplines to fit into our tour programming. Projects being proposed are for one of the tours only, on either June 28th, July 26th or August 30th (all tours beginning at 6:30 and running until roughly 9pm). Time-based projects should last no longer than 15 minutes. We encourage site-specific proposals and welcome suggestions from artists as to where these are installed, however to fit in with our changing tour routes, locations may have to change to somewhere more conveniently located. Artists should keep in mind the growing number of participants on Art Spin tours and artworks that can easily be viewed/experienced by larger groups are more successful. Artists' fees will be paid.
Submission guidelines for art projects are as follows:
• project description (500 word maximum)
• up to 10 images (under 1M each) of proposed project and/or past work, OR...
• no more than 5 minutes of video-support material (should the project be represented in a time-based manner.)
• an up-to-date CV/Resume
• please submit proposals by e-mail at email@example.com by April 30th, 2012.
As well as art project submissions, Art Spin is also looking to fill an internship position.
We are looking for an outgoing, and motivated individual to join our team as an intern. During this internship, the successful applicant will work closely with the Art Spin team, writing press releases, updating and maintaining blogs and social media sites, participating in meetings, as well as being involved creatively during the planning and curating stages. The ideal candidate should have experience writing, be passionate about art and design, interested in engaging with the community, outgoing, creative and enthusiastic. Advanced computer skills, and experience working with an arts organization would be an asset. Time commitment will consist of flexible hours during the months of May-August. This internship would be a volunteer position.
Submission guidelines for internships are as follows:
• half-page (400 word maximum) statement outlining your interest or experience with Art Spin, as well as what you would bring to the team
• current resume/CV highlighting experience in the arts and any other experience that might be relevant to the internship
• please submit internship applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2012
If you have any specific questions about your submission, feel free to contact Art Spin coordinators and curators Rui Pimenta at 416-532-5274, or Layne Hinton 416-712-7074 for further details, or e-mail us at email@example.com
Feel free to visit www.artspin.ca to learn more about Art Spin.