SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday, April 15th, 2012
The Red Head Gallery is one of Toronto's most respected artist collectives. The gallery provides a means for critically-engaged artists to manage and present their artwork in a collective setting. Over the past two decades, more than 100 artist-members have produced hundreds of exhibitions at The Red Head. As the membership changes and evolves, The Red Head Gallery continues to maintain a reputation for promoting artists of the highest caliber and variety. Members are expected to participate on committees, gallery special projects and gallery administration, and gives individuals the opportunity to participate in a vibrant community of artists.
If you are interested in applying for membership with this unique collective, please send us a package that includes:
- A cover letter
- Artist statement
- Current CV (max. 3 pages)
- Max. of 20 digital images (including detail shots) of your work on a well-labelled CD. Images should be saved as jpegs, at 1024px by 768px at 72dpi. In the case of video or performance based works, please include a DVD. Please use the convention name01.jpg, name02.jpg, etc when saving your files.
- Corresponding list of images (or contact sheet), indicating title, year of execution, medium and dimensions (h x w x d or running time)
- Relevant support material
- Self-addressed stamped envelope with proper return postage if you require the return of any material.
Please note: We do not accept original artwork.
At this time, we are looking for GTA based members. Full members contribute $166/month and get a solo show approximately every 18 months. Half-members contribute $88 per month and get a solo show approximately every 36 months.
Donia Almassi Director