PLANET IN FOCUS ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL IS SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival (PIF) is looking for an energetic person with strong fundraising, administrative, and budgeting skills to fill the role of Executive Director.
The Festival spans five days in early October where people attend screenings, workshops and panel discussions. Films are produced locally, nationally and internationally and reflect environmental themes.
During the year Planet in Focus organizes and mounts a number of community and school-based screenings and tours, as well as workshops for young filmmakers. For more information visit www.planetinfocus.org.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 or more years management experience with a not-for-profit, events-driven arts or media arts festival or similar organization
- A proven track record in Fundraising & Sponsorship
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy on a Mac (Word, Excel, email, web, spreadsheets, accounting programs)
- Ability to manage staff, volunteers and contract workers
- A proven track record in the development, management and implementation of budgets and managing cash flow
- A high degree of organization, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leading, developing and implementing the strategic direction of PIF as led by the Board of Directors
- Leading, overseeing and developing the daily operations of PIF
- Supervising and directing staff, seasonal interns and volunteers
- Facilitating and managing communications between staff, Festival and Foundation Boards, Board Committees, volunteers, program participants, and other stakeholders
- Planning and leading fundraising activities that support membership, sponsorship and foundation initiatives
- Seeking out Corporate and other Sponsorship partners.
- Maintaining financial accountability by managing budgets for the Festival and other programs as well as cash flow and reporting regularly to the Board of Directors
- Developing and implementing marketing, publicity and promotional initiatives for the Festival
- Recruiting, engaging and supporting relations with advisors, partners and volunteers who have an interest in assisting PIF achieve its objectives
- Leading strategic visioning and growth planning processes, and ensuring such plans are updated regularly so that the organization continues to evolve and remain vibrant, viable, and relevant under changing conditions
- Developing ongoing local, national and international networks for promoting PIF
- Representing PIF to the general public, government, media, film industry, NGOs, corporate and public sector as well as the environmental community
- Applying for, and reporting on, grants from federal, provincial and municipal bodies
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a profile for the Festival that reflects the mission, goals and values of the Festival
- Building relationships with community partners
- Developing and executing a work plan for the Festival
- Enhancing the educational, outreach, and volunteer programs of the Festival
This is a Full Time Permanent Position offering a salary (with benefits plan) commensurate with experience and comparable to similar positions in the sector.
Office hours are 9AM to 5PM Monday to Friday with some evenings and weekends.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 5PM MARCH 2, 2012
Interested applicants should send the following documents via email:
A cover letter stating why you are interested in this position;
A current CV; and,
3 letters of Reference.
Executive Director Position in the subject line.
Send your application to: email@example.com
NOTES: ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. Interviews to be held mid to late March.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT EMAILS OR TELEPHONE INQUIRES WITH REGARDS TO THIS POSITION.
Planet in Focus is an equal opportunity employer.