CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
151 Charles St. W., Suite 100
Kitchener ON Canada N2G 1H6
Deadline for Submissions: March 7th, 2012 by 5:00 pm
The Communitech Hub invites professional artists to submit proposals for the art program at our main office.
Work of any genre will be considered, however we are looking for site specific proposals that respond to the unique architectural elements of the space, artwork that engages the viewer, allows full functionality of the space and conveys Communitech's commitment to innovation, technology, growth, creativity and interaction. Because Communitech is a part of Kitchener-Waterloo's Tech cluster consideration for pieces that specifically take advantage of digital media technologies and "geek" culture are highly encouraged and may get special consideration. Applicants are welcome to apply for multiple locations within The Hub.
1. Proposal Description/ Concept & Preferred Location
* Provide a brief description (400 word max.) of the intended artwork, including description of materials, intended dimensions, installation method and how the piece will relate to Communitech's vision.
2. Detailed Drawings/Rendering or Maquette of the Proposed Work
* As many required to convey the idea of the proposed artwork.
* If the artwork exists, please provide photographs.
3. Schedule, Budget & Maintenance Package
* Provide a detailed breakdown of lead-time required (Please consider research, development, production time, shipping, etc).
* Provide itemized budget from concept to fruition.
4. Curriculum Vitae
* Provide a brief (two page max.) CV outlining experience and professional exhibitions.
5. Contact Information
* Provide name, phone number, e-mail address and website, if applicable.
Interested applicants are invited for a walk-through tour of the space on February 15th at 5:00 - 5:30 pm. Or alternatively on February 16th at 5:00 - 5:30 pm. Applicants are invited to meet Jeremy Reed at the Front Desk of Communitech at 151 Charles Street West, Kitchener.
A full view of all the spaces and dimensions can be found here:
E-mail submissions to: Jeremy Reed at email@example.com
* Late or incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
* Applicants must send all information at one time.
* Mail in Submissions are preferred. If submitting through email, file size shall not exceed 10MB in total.
* Submissions will not be returned.
The Communitech Hub is a unique facility dedicated to the growth and commercialization of Ontario's digital media industry. The Hub brings entrepreneurs, multinational companies and academic institutions together
under a 30,000 ft² state-of-the-art building. Our mission is to build global digital media companies — and it pursues that goal by mentoring tenant start-ups, splicing innovation into enterprise partners, sowing the seeds of strategic partnerships and helping big digital media ideas secure funding. The Communitech Hub is built in the former Lang Tannery complex, once the largest tannery in the British Empire.
FOLLOW US on Twitter @Communitech
Available Art Locations:
|1. Main Building Windows||9. Partner Area EBC Exit|
|2. Main Building Microtiles||10. Partner Area Bulkhead|
|3. Entrance Hall||11. Industry Hall Entrance|
|4. Networking Space||12. Industry Hall Right Walls|
|5. Courtyard||13. Industry Hall Left Wall|
|6. Service Hall||14. Rear Entrance Hall|
|7. Upper Hall Wall||15. Rear Entrance Courtyard|
|8. Partner Area High Wall|