CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FROM EMERGING ARTISTS: $ 4 000 prize
"Building for the Future"
The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) is pleased to announce a call for artist submissions.
CSCE has recently created a new award, the CSCE Award for Governmental Leadership in Sustainable Infrastructure. This Award recognizes public sector decision makers who build infrastructure that will last and be useful to Canadian society well into the next century. This CSCE Award will be presented for the first time at the CSCE Annual Conference in Edmonton in June 2012.
The CSCE has chosen to honor the recipient of the CSCE Award with an original artwork created by an emerging Albertan artist.
- Emerging Albertan artists are asked to submit up to three works interpreting the theme "Building for the Future".
- A panel, including SAAG curator Ryan Doherty, will judge the artwork submitted and will choose ten semi-finalists whose work will be exhibited on-line and at the CSCE conference from June 6-9th, 2012 in Edmonton, AB.
- The winning artist will receive a cash prize of $4,000 and will have his or her work gifted to the organization that wins the CSCE Award. The winning artist will also be interviewed and have a personal profile written up on the CSCE website.
- A second artist (a Peoples' Choice winner) will receive a cash prize of $1,000, based on votes cast on-line and in-person at the CSCE conference.
- A clear objective of this artists' contest is to create valuable exposure for emerging Albertan artists prior to, during and after the CSCE conference.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Emerging Albertan Artists 35 years old and younger
- Contest theme: Building for the Future
- Two-dimensional artwork: ex. painting, drawing, photography, collage, print-making
- Dimensions: minimum of 16" x 20" to a maximum of 48" x 60"
- Artists are asked to submit up to three works.
- Photographic images of the artwork must be submitted in jpeg format and e-mailed directly without creating folders. Images must be at a resolution of 72 dpi, and must not exceed 1MB. Please do not send original works.
Images and a completed Submission form are to be e-mailed to: email@example.com
Deadline for entries is March 30th, 2012
Visit: www.csce.ca/leadershipaward/artistcall for submission form and contest details
For more information on the CSCE, please visit: www.csce.ca
Any questions on this Call for Submissions should be addressed to Kate Puxley: firstname.lastname@example.org