THE CORPORATION OF THE
TOWN OF OAKVILLE
POSITION ID: 1470-001 CALL NO. 11-094
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing.
Job Designation: Supervisor, Culture - Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $75,211 - $90,252
Pay Grade: 6
Reporting to the Manager of Queen Elizabeth Park Culture and Community Centre, assisting with the operation and coordination of arts and culture programming at Queen Elizabeth Park Culture and Community Centre
- Responsible for arts and culture program development, planning, monitoring and evaluating
- Responsible for staff supervision, scheduling, recruitment, training and evaluating
- Responsible for Volunteer supervision, scheduling, recruitment, training and evaluating
- Ensure adherence to all Department and Corporate program policies and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to all safety protocols for specialty equipment
- Assist the Manager with budget preparation and monitoring
- Direct communication and interaction with all stakeholders related to arts and culture planning, programs and service delivery within in the Centre.
- Providing supervision and support to facility committees
- Implement quality assurance systems for all components of arts and culture service delivery
- Tracking trends, best practices, changing community needs to ensure appropriate service delivery
- This position works non traditional hours including afternoon, evening and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of formal academic training at a post secondary level in Recreation and Leisure Services or equivalent diploma/degree with progressive experience in arts and culture programming for all ages and abilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 5 years supervisory/ programming experience in an arts and culture environment, experience in Municipal setting is an asset
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in arts and culture planning/programming development
- Demonstrated skills in effective management, supervision and organization
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations, conflict resolution, and customer service skills. Must be able to exchange thoughts, ideas, information and provide feedback to others to enhance and ensure a mutual understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare and present meaningful reports and presentation related to the specialty areas.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Arts Council, Canadian Heritage programs and services, Creative Cities network, arts and culture community planning and administration models, municipal arts and culture program/service delivery
- Demonstrated experience with grant research, writing and implementation and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of and experience with the various pieces of legislation that govern the specialty program areas including but not limited to health and safety legislation
- Working knowledge of electronic scheduling and booking systems (CLASS)
- Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or have not performed in this position previously will be required to a provide vulnerable sector screening check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Sunday, November 20, 2011.
DATED: November 9, 2011
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.