Celebrity Still Life installation, 2011
Call for Submissions
Living Arts Centre Gallery
4141 Living Arts Drive
The Living Arts Centre Gallery hosts a broad range of contemporary art exhibitions with a focus on artists from Mississauga and the Peel Region. The exhibition program explores the diverse cultural and artistic practices of Canadians working in a variety of traditional and contemporary media.
The Living Arts Centre is currently accepting exhibition proposals for the 2012 – 2013 season. For its 15th anniversary, the Centre would like to invite artists from Mississauga and the Peel Region to submit proposals for consideration. The curator will accept submissions from collectives, arts organizations or groups of three or more. Individual artists may apply to be considered for group exhibitions organized by the curator addressing pertinent themes in contemporary practice. Artists at all stages of their professional careers are encouraged to apply. Experimental and interdisciplinary media are welcome.
Exhibition proposals must include:
1. Exhibition description or Artist Statement (max. 500 words)
2. Organization Profile - if applicable (max. 250 words)
3. List of participating artists – if applicable
4. Artist CV's for each participant
5. 10 digital images of proposed/former works, PC compatible (jpeg or tiff. files only)
6. Detailed image list indicating artist name, title, medium, and date of completion
The gallery accepts proposals on an ongoing basis but it should be noted that exhibitions are programmed one year in advance. For more information, visit the Living Arts Centre Gallery webpage at:
or contact Exhibition Curator Cole Swanson at email@example.com or call 905.306.6161.
The Hot Box Project installation, 2009