The Alberta College of Art + Design is one of only four publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institutions devoted exclusively to the advanced education of visual artists and designers. Through the Academic Plan exercise currently underway, the college is developing an exciting long term vision that reaffirms its educational mission within an arts and cultural context where design and creativity are keys to the cultural prosperity agenda.
ACAD welcomes applications to fill various temporary faculty positions for the 2012-2013 academic year. Offerings may be for the summer, fall, winter and/or spring semesters of 2012. Our academic year begins with the summer semester in July 2012, encompasses the fall and winter semesters, and ends with the spring semester in April 2013.
Programs seeking applications include:
- Ceramics (Competition 1112-SE-FT-22)
- Drawing (Competition 1112-SE-FT-10 )
- First Year Studies, including the Pre-College Program, and 3D Object Design (Competition 1112-SE-FT-12)
- Glass (Competition 1112-SE-FT-13)
- Jewellery + Metals (Competition 1112-SE-FT-14)
- Liberal Studies (Competition 1112-SE-FT-15)
- Media Arts + Digital Technology (Competition 1112-SE-FT-16)
- Painting (Competition 1112-SE-FT-17)
- Photography (Competition 1112-SE-FT-18)
- Print Media (Competition 1112-SE-FT-19)
- Sculpture (Competition 1112-SE-FT-20)
- Visual Communications Design (Competition 1112-SE-FT-21)
The Alberta College of Art + Design offers a studio based approach to instruction.
Studio based programs and First Year Studies require an MFA /MDes or equivalent combination of experience/qualification, an active studio practice and/or substantial professional practice, and post-secondary teaching experience.
Liberal Studies requires a PhD or appropriate terminal degree, a strong research and publication record and/or creative practice, a sound knowledge of critical theories and methodologies, an understanding of studio based art and design education and a preferred minimum of three (3) years post-secondary teaching experience.
Please submit applications by October 31, 2011. For application requirements and further information on the application process, please visit our career page at: http://www.acad.ab.ca/careers.html
For more information on the college, Calgary, Alberta, or these positions, please visit our website at www.acad.ca. Alberta College of Art + Design is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes expressions of interest from all qualified applicants for consideration for this or other suitable vacancies. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In situations with several qualified candidates, preference will normally be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.