Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
The Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA), a leading non-profit arts institution, is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, to join its senior management team for a one-year term position. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, is responsible for the management of the Art Gallery of Alberta's brand, as well as the development of marketing and communication strategies and plans for all of the AGA's activities. The Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, leads a dynamic department charged with developing and delivering consistent and cohesive messaging that speaks to the AGA's various communities and delivers on the AGA brand. You will play a central role in assuring that your AGA is an art gallery of national significance for the people of Alberta.
- Development and management of AGA internal and external communications, focusing on media relations, online communications and arts-sector specific communications, as well as engaging all institutional stakeholders including individual members, donors and sponsors
- Management of the AGA brand
- Development of marketing plans and advertising campaigns for AGA exhibitions, programs, education and special events within budget
- Seek out and build relationships in the areas of arts and culture and tourism
- Identify and pursue opportunities for collaboration with other organizations on communications efforts.
- Market and visitor research
- Marketing support and strategic input regarding promotion of Membership and Development, Shop AGA and Art Rental & Sales
- Cross promotions with Zinc Restaurant and Catering
- Managing the development of promotional materials, including copywriting, design and production
- Establishing and managing the annual opex budget
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media sponsors and suppliers
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed for joint marketing activities.
- Managing a team of four in the areas of Media Relations, Marketing Coordination, Graphic Design and Digital Media
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations/Communications, Business or equivalent field experience is required
- Four years of direct work experience in a marketing & communications in a management capacity, as well as with media relations
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge with brand building and brand management
- Knowledge of the arts and experience in museum management an asset
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Financial acumen to make sound business decisions and develop and manage budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb writing, content development and editing skills
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products
- Direct experience with graphic and web design principles, advertising and market trends and social media
- Well-developed skills in diplomacy, including a demonstrated history in negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management is essential
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Ability to work flexible hours to attend events, etc.
Please submit resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12, 2011. No phone calls please. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.